The Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship provides a partial tuition fee scholarship for outstanding students to study at Macquarie University North Ryde campus. It has been designed to recognize academic excellence and provide financial assistance for international students.
Recognized internationally, Macquarie University is consistently ranked in the top two percent of universities in the world* and within the top 10 in Australia*.
Applicants must have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 for Postgraduate applications and minimum requirement of an ATAR equivalent of 90 out of 100 for undergraduate applications. All international students at Macquarie are required to provide evidence of proficiency in English. Macquarie University requires the following as proof of meeting standard English language requirements (ie equal to IELTS 6.5)
- Application Deadline: June 30, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing an undergraduate and postgraduate degree at Macquarie University in Australia.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in all subjects available at the Macquarie University. Priority areas are Engineering, Environment, Human Science, Media, Linguistics, and Education).
- Scholarship Award: The amount is varied up to AUD$10,000 and it will be applied towards their tuition fee.The Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarships do NOT provide financial support in the form of a living allowance, nor does it provide for the cost of visa application, Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), airfares, accommodation, conferences or other costs associated with the study.
- Nationality: International
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International students other than Australian or New Zealand students can apply for these partial scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet following criteria:
Have citizenship of a country other than ASEAN*, an European^ country, Australia or New Zealand.
Have met the University’s academic and English requirements for the course to be considered for a scholarship (must hold a full offer of admission for North Ryde by the application deadline).
Have achieved a minimum GPA of 5.0 out of 7.0 for Postgraduate applications and minimum requirement of an ATAR equivalent of 90 out of 100 for Undergraduate applications.
Have applied for a program that is longer than one Session in duration.
Commence study in session and year indicated in the scholarship offer letter.
Have applied for a course which has a full-time study load.
Commence study in the semester and year indicated in their offer of Scholarship. Commencement may not be deferred.
- English Language Requirements: All international students at Macquarie are required to provide evidence of proficiency in English. Macquarie University requires the following as proof of meeting standard English language requirements (ie equal to IELTS 6.5)